A lot of people suffer from painful varicose veins that impact their quality of life. Before, varicose veins were removed with vein stripping, which is a highly invasive and painful procedure with a low success rate and long recovery time. But, today, varicose vein removal in Phoenix is possible using lasers. Lasers work by producing heat that damages a vein, allowing for the formation of scar tissues.
Kinds of Laser Treatment to Remove Varicose Veins
These days, doctors use any of the following laser treatments to get rid of varicose veins:
- Simple laser treatment. This is performed on the outside of the skin. This treatment is often used for treating spider veins and tiny varicose veins under the surface of the skin. Often, the treatment process requires more than one session. Every treatment is often scheduled every six to twelve weeks, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Endovenous laser treatment. This treatment treats bigger varicose veins in the legs. It works by passing a laser fiber through a thin tube into the vein. While the doctor does this, they will watch the vein on a duplex ultrasound screen. Compared to vein ligation and stripping, laser is less painful. Laser treatment requires just local anesthesia or a light sedative.
Benefits of Endovenous Laser treatment
Getting an endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) will provide the following benefits:
- Minimally invasive procedure. EVLT is a minimally invasive and non-surgical but highly effective treatment for varicose veins. It is performed as an outpatient procedure. EVLT can take just 15-20 minutes and the patient can resume normal activities right after the treatment.
- Beautiful, healthy legs. Most patients are able to get back into their skirts after an EVLT procedure. Also, removing unsightly varicose veins can improve a person’s self-confidence and provides them with a feeling of happiness.
- Pain-free life. Following an EVLT procedure, most patients feel relief from pain or discomfort that their varicose veins may have caused. An expert in varicose vein removal will carry out an ultrasound to map out the affected veins to eliminate varicose veins even those that are not visible throughout the skin.
- Improved sleep. Patients with varicose veins may suffer from restless legs that get worse at night. This condition may force them to move their legs around to minimize the pain, affecting their sleep pattern.
- Increased mobility. Leg swelling can occur because of varicose veins that impact normal movement. Those with varicose veins usually become less active because of a feeling of heaviness in the legs and tiredness. Following an EVLT procedure, most patients experience an improvement in mobility and quality of life.